Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wow

Not sure what I was thinking, maybe cause last week was crazy, but I write a test tommorow.

It's a CS2 test. For those of you who don't work for the government I am a CS1 (Computer Services Level 1), so a CS2 would be a Computer Services Level 2. Now a level 2 makes around 10-12% more then I do, and WHAT they do is a lot more interesting, and brain stimulating then what I do.

Here's were the problem starts. I haven't studied, at all, until this morning. And what makes me more nervous is that i've written this test before, but by the fact that i'm still a CS1 you can guess I didn't do all that great. Well to be at least a little fair on my self I don't know if I did all that bad. But they mark tests weird here. They are broken into three diffrent knowledge catagories. You need to get 60% in each catagory in order to pass. And if you fail one catagory then they stop marking the test and you fail the whole thing. Well the last time I wrote there was a long answer question that was worth 18 marks. 18 Marks was enough to get less then 60% in the first section . This question had some math in it. I screwed up some math at the start which screwed up the rest and I got 0 on that question, which made me fail the first section. As such I don't even know how I did in the other two. So here I am, at work, trying to study, not even sure beyond that one question what I should be studying. Or even know if that same question will be on there. The government is required to change every question on the test if they run a test and someone who has written is writing again, so it's going to be diffrent. Just not sure how diffrent.

But I should get back to cramming, hopefully no emergency's start at work and I have to actually do some work today.

Peace
SJ

9 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

lol... yes! I love the cram! and u know what? I love how God pulls through a lot of the time when i cram... if you are going to pull an all nighter you need chocolat covered expresso beans... and don't just sleep for an hour... that makes you groggy and 10X worse... wow i know WAY to well about this! Anyway, happy studying, Be blessed i will be praying tommorow for ya!

5/02/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger D. said...

Ewww, tests. I know the feeling. Just keep studying, you'll do awesome. Here's to you passing with flying colors!

5/02/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger JP said...

Thank God school tests are done - now from here on in it's just God's pop quizzes a guy has to worry about.

I hope you do well Scott - sucks that you didn't start studying till today, but you're not an idiot, so providing you do what you need to, I've got confidence in ya.

5/02/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You see I have never studied in my life and I graduated college yep thats right last minute things always work ha ha well for me at least they do

5/02/2006 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just like Hight School all over again. Without the acne

5/02/2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Geuss what Scott? Its late and i am still doing hw! uh! Only 2 more years and then no more of these retarded nights! How did study go?

5/03/2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

studying sucks. But I did have a brain revelation moment yesterday about 2 in the afternoon. I think I figured out what I did wrong on the question that screwed me last time, so if one comes up again I should be set. Other then that, Well studying is so borring I had to take lots of breaks, and probably didn't get as much done as I thought.

I'll report back after I right the exam though and see how i'm feeling. It will probably be 2-3 weeks or longer before I find out for sure how I did though.

I also got an email from that tattoo guy and he should be sending me a drawing some time today hopefully. Said he was working on the drawing last night.

Well I'm gonna go look busy for 30 minutes or so before I go right.

Peace

5/03/2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

*Wipes tears away*

Okay so i'm not actually crying, but i'm pretty sure I failed. I'm also pretty sure the other two people who wrote the test failed to. If I get ony marks on the last three pages then I deserve a "Bullshit of the Year" award.

First 5 pages were multiple choice and I had them done in like 8 minutes, and I am confident I got all but like 2 maybe 3 of them right. Then I fliped over to page 6, and at the top in bold and underlined was "SQL Server Knowledge" the next, and last, 3 pages were all SQL Server. I doubt any of you have even heard of SQL server. Well i've heard of it, and I know it's a database program. But my knowledge ends there.

One of the guys had taken a sql course a while ago but he said it didn't help him much. We'll see.

If we all fail i'm not sure what they will do. They might have to go external and run the compitition open to the public, then I would have to apply again, and compete against anyone in the area who wanted the job.

What can you do though

Peace
SJ

5/03/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger D. said...

Oooh! I know what an SQL server is! Be darned if I could say anything about it either though. Hence why I'm no longer a computing science major.

It's okay Scott, who knows, you might just pull through! If not, don't worry. Third time's a charm, and you can have more time to study!

5/03/2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home