Monday, June 05, 2006

Random

Just some random stuff that's poped into my head after reading everyone elses blog.

Inspired by Dawns blog and Josh's post on it (the one with the picture of the little old lady):

I think in North America we need to have the scales removed from our eyes. I've said multiple times in the past that part of the problem with our nation is that our faith isn't challenged like it is in other countries. We are not faced with the choice of "Jesus and Death, or life"

But is that the case? Are we not actually faced with that decision every day? Sure no one is going to chop off our heads if we don't renounce christ. But does that mean the decisions we make every day aren't life and death? If we make the wrong ones doesn't it mean eternal death? It's hard to see though, it's hard to put into perspective something that doesn't have effect here and now.

I fully believe that North America (Or any 1st world nation with freedom of religion) has been a proving and refining ground for the enemy. In a lot of nations your faith is challenged directly with the aformentioned life and death choice. In North America we have freedome of religion, the right to choose if we want to serve Jesus, or Budha (though strictly speaking I don't think Budhism is an actual religion), or allah, or Bafomat, or who ever else we might choose. We also have a rampant apathy (Def. - Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.) that has flooded our nation. People don't care, even people who care don't care. I say it all the time that Apathy is one of the things that angers me the most. I see it in our youth, in our adults, our companys, our friends. But I just can't seem to pry my self off my apthatetic ass (Pardon my language) to do anything about it. It's so easy for people to be couch warriors. Saying we'll go were God say, do what God says, and do both when he Says. Then sit on our couch waiting for the phone to ring. There's lots that needs to be done, and I don't think we need an audible word from God to go out and do it. But there on my couch I sit.

I'm starting to ramble so i'm going to end that particular verbal diareeha.

I had some other stuff I wanted to write about, but after that last bit i'm drawing a blank on what it was. So i'm going to stop writing (it's 10:39 so my break is over) and i'll come back to it at lunch and finish it up.

Well i'm on lunch now, and i'm eating triscuits with melted cheese, and it's good. But I still can't remeber what else I was going to write so i'm done for now.

Peace
SJ

24 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

Perhaps it's just the discipline we need to get off the couch and get to it! Besides, it'll be a thrill won't it?! Start putting yourself in healthy places of influence that'll stretch you. I do that because I get bored, and boredom means no growth and a waste of so much potential. Perhaps maybe one day we might just get it... I just hope we do before it gets too late.

6/05/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

mmmm triscuts ohh right the blog anyways I think some people dont know the potential that they have and the influence they have and maybe thats why they dont go and do it...some jsut dont care like you said...and well others I dunno are lazy maybe...I decided awhile back that I was goin to change my world and when I say my world I dont mean the earth I mean my world...my world includes the people I come into contact with everyday...the places I go to me thats my world....so when I say I am goin to change the world I mean my world not the earth...so I am out of time so maybe I will finish that later or like you did put it into a blog.

6/05/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

ahhh... sweet truth! Apathy...*crindges* i severly dislike apathy! Its a mix of that and the fact that we have everything at our fingertips... why do u need God if u can keep filling your life with 'things'! Thats why the Bible says that poor is the rich man for it is incredibly hard for him to enter the kingdom of heaven! I know that we need a sweep of renewal and revival! Me probably the most! GREAT post! Be blessed Scott!

6/06/2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger Jelea said...

i want to be a couch warrior! I like couches! and i like triscuts!
but seriously, yes, we all need to get off our bums and do something about everything going on around us.
and you know what? when i first came to your blog, i thought that something pooped into your mind, not popped into your mind. i was seeing things!

6/06/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger JP said...

pooped into your mind... that's a uh....ermm......a....very, very interesting picture....wow... take captive every through :S

The bible must be talking about images like that one...

6/06/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Jelea said...

i never pictured anything in my mind when i saw it, i just read it, but now...tanks to jishwa...i have a picture in my head...and it's not a pretty one!

6/06/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I take pride in my work :p

6/06/2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger JP said...

Can I share something? thank-you! It's random, gross, but fact over fiction.

....It hurts when you poop alot in one day... really stiiiiings..... *tttttsssssss* *exhale!*

6/07/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Jelea said...

you're a poopy head, jishwa

6/07/2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger JP said...

It's true.... pretty much the best poopy head I know

6/07/2006 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can actually hear Scott yelling "Enough about poop!" in my head! Can we talk about something better? Like a 12 gadge shot gun? lol

6/09/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger JP said...

It's funny especially because it's on his blog!

6/09/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Jelea said...

poopy head poopy head poopy head

6/09/2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jello? Is 3 your fav number? Like seriously, you always say things in three's...gosh! Why dont you just marry the number! (said in Napolean Dynamite accent) lol

6/09/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger JP said...

That'sss pretty sssweet I guessss

6/10/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

What will be even better is when I go and delete all the comments about fecal matter

6/11/2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger Jelea said...

wow, how did it get this far

6/11/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger JP said...

go nuts -it's your blog!

6/11/2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I think you should write a new blog, actually. I would like new material to read.


So you should just go ahead and do that mmmm k? Greeeat, thaaanks!

6/12/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Well I don't really have anything to write about right now unless you want a synopsis of the first 8 eps of 24 season 4.

6/12/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Jelea said...

don't do it scott, i need to start/finish season 3 first before i watch season 4!!!

6/12/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger JP said...

Sure, whatever works! Why not tell everyone what God's doing in your life right now?

6/12/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

ummm... since i haven't even seen one episode of any season it dont really matter a whole lot to me! Hows life Scott!? If you could change the color of milk what would you change it to? lol wow, that was random! Be blessed, have a wonderful day!

6/13/2006 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7/20/2006 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home