Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Not sure what to call it

Well I've been told I need to write a new blog, and I've been thinking I should just not known what to write about. Still not sure what I'm going to write about, but I might start with a bit of an update on the crazy that is Scott, and see were it goes from there.

I'm not really sure were to start, but probably with my nephew Dylan. Most of you don't know him, or know much about him, but he has been having some problems the last week or so. He has a shunt in his head that prevents or relieves pressure that builds up in his head. He has had problems with it in the past and has had brain surgery a number of times to have it repaired or replaced. The week before last he went into the hospital because of pain and pressure and it was decided that they would have to operate again, so he my mom and sister took him to Calgary Wednesday or Thursday of the week before last. Mom ended coming home early because she was having chest pains, and problems breathing. Around Friday she went to Emergency to get it checked out, she was basically told that the pain is because of the problems with her back (A whole other story that involves 20+ year old injuries, botched surgery, and crooked doctors). They ran a couple of tests and then basically told her she has to live with it. The pain get getting worse, and it wasn't like the pain she normally has from her back problems, or her rheumatic arthritis, so she went to emergency again. This time they told her it might be her gallbladder and sent her for an ultrasound, and then sent her home. That didn't turn anything up, and the paint continued to worsen. Monday I think it was she went into emerg for the 3rd time and told them that she wasn't leaving the hospital until they told her what was wrong with her. A different doctor happened to be on that night and he ordered a bunch of tests that were different then the other guy had run. These ones included chest xrays and a few others things. Which found that she has multiple clots in her lungs. I don't think they ever told her how many and if it's both lungs or just one, but she was admitted to the hospital Tuesday last week. For those who have seen me around town at weird times that why. I told work I was taking the rest of the week off so that I could visit mom, and help dad out with the 4 kids. For the most part she has been not to bad all things considered (Dad read that there is something like a 20% fatality rate for people who this happens to) Yesterday (Monday) they decided that she could be handled just as well as an out patient, and that she might be more comfortable at home so they released her. She gets more tests done Wednesday, and a visit to the doc on Friday to find out what's going on. Combine that with a general lack of sleep, and the other more mundane stresses that go with being a member of the human race and I've been a bit mentally fatigued the last little bit. I haven't talked about it a whole bunch because I'm not looking for a pity party, or a bunch of sympathy. Obviously I won't say no to prayer, but everyone has there problems and I'm not going to let mine rule my life. I'm still going to have fun with my friends, I'm still going to be there for any of them who need me. And I'm certainly not going to back down from the plans God has for me.

One of the things that I grabbed ahold of the last couple of days listening to Ferg speak was the power of God. Not just the power of God, but that the power of God is on ME. I don't know how it's going to manifest yet, but I was given some limited vision of Gods plans for me in faithworks last year and I think it's time to start taking some steps towards that. It's not time to let the challenges before me stop me, might be time to gear down as Pastor Al would say in order to gain more power for the uphill clime. It's not time to be timid, or afraid. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." As much as I talk, and as aggressive as I've been feeling I'm not a violent individual, but my destiny, and the destiny of my friends, family, and even the destiny of those strangers would would be called my neighbours is worth fighting for.

Maybe it's late and I'm tired, maybe I had some good thoughts but need to get some God thoughts. But this is how I'm feeling, and this is what I want to strive for. So don't feel sad for me, or pity me and my family. Take heart that my mom can still joke with me about the games she plays online, or that she is still giving me a hard time for not having fixed her friends computer yet. And please, feel free to give me a kick in the ass if you think I need it. Cause I know I need it some times, and I promise I won't punch you in the face, not unless I can prove you kicked me for no good reason :P

But it's time for me to bring this post to a close as I am quickly approaching Joshian lengths

Peace and God Bless
SJ

9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

First of all, I want to say thanks for blogging. And secondly i want to say thanks for being honest and open. I'm prayin' for your mom and for your family. Also I wanted to say that I've been learning the same thing this weekend from Ferg about the Power of GOd. I used to think that the power of God was some mystical, unreachable power floating somewhere in the world that only rested upon people like Ferg and Al. But the truth is, the power is on me, its all over me, I'm covered in it, consumed by it and dripping with it...I want to live through it, do amazing things in it, and tap into it to do more than I could have ever imagined through Christ. I guess I've always been kinda hesitant...thinking why me? But heck...why not? The power of God is in ME. thats sooo amazing. Keep pressing on Scott. Gods got some great things in store.

10/04/2006 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think you've already begun to step into you destiny. And I know you're going to keep pressing on because you're not one to ever take steps back.

And one of the first steps will be refreshing yourself this weekend. :)

10/04/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Joshian is my new favourite word for the day.

10/04/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Wow Scott! What a wonderful blog! I most thouroly enjoyed it! It was very...you! That sucks about your mom! Embolisms are really bad if they aren't caught in time... thank you Jesus that she had the wisdom to go in and get it checked! She on thrombolitics i presume? Yes i will pray, it never hurts to pray! Be blessed!

10/04/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

She is on blood thinners. I don't recall which one.

10/04/2006 11:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Well I think that was a long blog for you to write but its good to see it at the same time...I actually was goin to ask about Dylan considering I love him A LOT...and I happy that your mom is home now...what I am most happy about is that you said you didnt want a pity party...most people tell their problems to the world and want people to feel sorry for them but not you...you just wanted to update people on scott and how he is doin..I get that cause I do the same thing...well great blog and talk to you soon

10/05/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger JP said...

You've got a lot of strength Scott. You really do. There's a lot I can say about this blog - all good of course... But I don't want to outdue you of length in the 'comments' section. I appreciate you, and ALWAYS appreciate your honesty because it's raw and real. I'd keep goin but I'll just stop there for now.

10/06/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

you're in edmonton. have fun!

10/06/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hey. where are you? come out of hiding and hang out with us friday. o ya...and write another blog. hahahaha.

10/13/2006 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home