Monday, October 16, 2006

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of something other then what I'm doing right now

First off, sorry it took so long to get a new post up. I started to write it once and I had some computer problems (I know, it's probably ironic, me having computer problems. But it does happen) I've got one written now, though it's probably diffrent then what I would have written a couple of days ago. I will also apologize for the length, and the seriousness. It's once again approaching Joshian lengths, and I haven't had a purley fun post in a while. But with out further ado, here is your update on the world that is Scott.

Well I'm sure some of you know that I've not been all that happy at work as of late. If you've never worked for the government it's hard to describe. It's defiantly not anything like working in the “real world”. In my chain of command there is my supervisor, the section head, then the branch head. Or at least that's basically the way it's supposed to work. Now my supervisor, and the branch head are both military, and both change semi-regularly. As most of you who read this probably already know I do not get a long with my new supervisor at all. We've been butting heads since his first day here. And our current branch head, though I hear he is 28, acts like he's 17. He's supposed to be in charge of around 50 people, though you would never guess it from the way he acts.

This being the government there is a lot of political BS that goes on, and I'm getting tired of it. Combine that with not liking some of the people I work with, and most of the management that I have to deal with and you get a Scott who's not liking his job to much. Those aren't the only factors though. Last year in faithworks I started to receive some revelation on some God things that I am fully convinced are in my future. I don't yet know how that's going to manifest it's self, but even that has started to clarify a bit in the last 6 months. I am not willing to just walk away from this job though. Up until recently I've enjoyed it, and the money is good. Better then anywhere else in Medicine Hat I could be working doing what I do.

I believe the first step is for me to find someone to train up in Satellite to take over for me. Once that is done I will be able to step down, thus freeing up 2 nights a week for me to begin working on other things. Or more likely for the first bit to relax a little, and maybe get more of a social life. Maybe work on that finding a GF thing I should get around to some time soon. But in the end I need to start taking some steps forward. As Pastor Al was preaching about this week, if you don't step out of the boat then you'll never walk on the water. So here's to Scott trying to make some fairly major life changes, and starting to do a little stepping out of the boat.

I would also like to just give a shout out to all the great people that I call friends, new and old. Your all great, and I'm glad of having met all of you.

Peace and God Bless
SJ

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holla back man. I'm assuming that I fall under the "old" category. :)

Personally, I'm really excited to see the next steps you make. It's time for a new chapter.

As always let me know if you need me for any type of help. Although the whole GF thing could be the blind leading the blind.

TTFN

10/16/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Well lets see here...Scott not liking the people he works with...Nicole not liking the people she works with...sounds like a pattern...although my job is a lot different and maybe the many boss's above me and stupid boss's may not apply...I still understand that it sucks...I used to love goin to work...the people make me not love it as much...I love the work I do...but you know what...there is one thing I know and that God has this stinkin huge plan for you and He is working it out in you right now...this is just the process He will take you there...like I said there is more to life then a mon-fri 9-5 job....there is

10/16/2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I'm glad your life is shifting and you're starting to make those changes. You've seem quite containted in the last little while and I knew it would only be time as a factor that you'd get sick of living life that way. But for you, Nikki, me and anyone else that feels things suck or do at some points, just because you're in God's will doesn't mean you're going to enjoy every single thing that comes your way. What do we learn if everything was happy and easy? How would your character build? will you be influenced in your situation or will YOU influence? Choice is yours, choice is mine.

10/18/2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home